We Are Committed to Stopping Alzheimer's
The USAgainstAlzheimer’s is a 501(c)(3) organization connecting networks of organizations and individuals to take action to end Alzheimer’s, while providing the general public, business and civic leaders and the media with vital information about Alzheimer’s disease.
We have embarked on a bold and comprehensive education and awareness campaign to deliver a clear message about the severity of the Alzheimer’s crisis and the urgency of taking steps to end Alzheimer’s. And we are building a movement of individuals and organizations whose insistence on a cure is palpable. Using new models of collaboration and engagement, we give voice to the full spectrum of the Alzheimer’s affected community.
No individual and no single group can stop Alzheimer’s alone. Stopping Alzheimer’s will be a ‘team sport’, working through ‘networks’ of ‘US.’ USAgainstAlzheimer’s itself is proud to work as a leading edge in a large network of organizations that serve the Alzheimer’s community and support innovative Alzheimer’s research and drug discovery.
Together, we are giving hope to those currently confronting Alzheimer’s by seeking to create the national will to stop Alzheimer’s.
In two short years, we have achieved the following:
- Successfully persuaded the White House and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to set a time-based goal to prevent and treat Alzheimer’s by 2025 and create a national plan to achieve that goal.
- Secured appointment as one of twelve non-governmental members of the Advisory Council on Alzheimer’s Research, Care and Services to advise on improvements to that plan.
- Leveraged personal and political relationships and a strong network of supporters to obtain commitments and proposals for an additional $169 million to fund Alzheimer’s research through the National Institutes of Health and the Department of Defense.
- Successfully effected the introduction in Congress of legislation specifically aimed at accelerating the development of life-enhancing and lifesaving therapies for Alzheimer’s patients.
- Successfully advocated for the strengthening of Fast Track and Accelerated Review tools for the Food and Drug Administration to use for Alzheimer’s therapies.
- Established an online network of more than 60,000 supporters and the fastest-growing social media presence in the Alzheimer's field.
- Convened Leaders Engaged on Alzheimer’s Disease, a coalition of over 50 Alzheimer's-serving organizations including non-profits and for-profit companies.
- Organized ResearchersAgainstAlzheimer’s to serve as the unified voice for the scientific and research community on the value of additional resources for Alzheimer’s research.
- Helped organize a House Foreign Affairs subcommittee hearing exploring the global burden of Alzheimer’s disease.
We are moving forward with tremendous speed, success and momentum, and are positioned to be a major catalyst in the effort to end Alzheimer’s disease. To further accelerate our progress and ensure Alzheimer’s receives the national attention it deserves, we are building networks of influencers and activists, initially in five categories: Advocated, African-Americans, Clergy, Latinos, women, and researchers. Each network includes a target audience, its own unique programming and staff support. In time, we will add other networks of affected groups.
Builds on the energies of highly-motivated Alzheimer’s Activists, who are on the frontlines of efforts in their communities or nationally. Members of the Network will expand the movement by serving as ambassadors in their communities and bringing others into the fight to end Alzheimer’s.
Engages individuals and organizations to be the preeminent voice in and for the African American community on the issue of Alzheimer’s disease and its disparate impact on African Americans.
Is a diverse, multi-faith national network of ordained clergy working collaboratively to focus our nation’s attention on Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias.
Raises the profile of Alzheimer’s disease and it’s disparate impact on Latinos, the most rapidly growing segment of the American electorate.
Increases awareness about Alzheimer’s disease and advocates for more research funding and reforms.
Gives voice to women who bear the major burden of the Alzheimer’s crisis and arms women with the information and easy-to-use connections needed to be heard in Washington, in state capitals, and by industry leaders and the research community.
Our Family of Organizations
We aim to reach our goal of stopping Alzheimer’s by bringing together a campaign organization (USAgainstAlzheimer’s Action) and a national network of Alzheimer’s affected individuals, caregivers, health professionals and researchers (USAgainstAlzheimer’s). With this mutual support and momentum we are committed to stopping Alzheimer’s.
USAgainstAlzheimer’s is a 501(c)(3) organization connecting networks of organizations and individuals to take action to end Alzheimer’s, while providing the general public, policy leaders and the media with vital information about Alzheimer’s disease.
USAgainstAlzheimer's Action is a 501(c)(4) organization engaging in public advocacy, federal relations, grassroots activity and voter education.