UsAgainstAlzheimer’s Action (UsA2 Action) is a 501(c)(4) advocacy organization. UsA2 Action is driven by passion and purpose and is powered by individuals living with dementia and their care partners. We forge innovative and comprehensive solutions to Alzheimer’s. We press for greater urgency and collaboration from government, industry and the scientific community in the quest for an Alzheimer’s cure. We act on those beliefs through strategic and disruptive investments in infrastructure, big data and national and global convening platforms. And we mobilize communities most deeply affected by the disease, including African Americans, Latinos, women, caregivers, veterans, the faith community and researchers.
Since our founding in 2010, UsAgainstAlzheimer’s Action has worked collaboratively across sectors to achieve many milestone successes, including:
- Securing the national goal of preventing and effectively treating Alzheimer’s by 2025 through the National Alzheimer’s Plan
- Helping drive significant, sustained, and growing investment from the U.S. government in dementia research at NIH, from $448 million in 2010, to $991 million in 2016, to $1.4 billion on 2017. If the House and Senate pass the proposed levels for FY 2018, we will reach or possibly exceed $1.8 billion in vitally-needed research funding
- Raising public awareness through major news media: NBC’s “Today” Show, The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Washington Post, Bloomberg BusinessWeek, Forbes, Chicago Tribune, Reuters, Women’s Health, Roll Call, Politico and Psychology Today
- Seeding and nurturing robust networks of mobilized communities continue to be the vital energy that powers our work, each with a robust set of initiatives, including: Women, Researchers, AfricanAmericans, Latinos, Activists, Veterans, Clergy, and Faith groups
- George and Trish Vradenburg, Founders of UsAgainstAlzheimer’s, have been honored for their work by Research!America, Alzheimer’s Drug Discovery Foundation (ADDF), Bright Focus Foundation, and Washingtonian Magazine, among others